Thursday 2nd April
Get your pink books out, your pencil ready.
At the top of the page write today’s day and date.
Click the link below to hear today's silly sentence. Listen to it, repeat it and write it. DO NOT look at the sentence underneath until you have done this and then you can check your sentence.
They were all flying on butterflies.
Now I want you to write your own silly sentence using these 3 words:
Get your green home learning book. At the top of the page I want you to write the date again.
This week we've done lots of work on Neil Armstrong. Today we are going to carry on with this. I'd like you to read the fact file about him underneath and then answer the questions in your books. Write your answers in full sentences with capital letters, finger spaces and full stops. You can check back at the fact file if you're not sure of the answers.
1. When and where was Neil Armstrong born? Neil Armstrong was born in 1930 in Ohio.
2. Who was Neil Armstrong? Neil Armstrong was a famous American astronaut
3. How old was he when he got his pilot's licence? Neil Armstrong was 15 when he got his pilot's licence.
4. What were his first words when he stepped on the moon? His first words when he stepped on the moon were "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
5. What was the name of the rocket that he flew to the moon on? The rocket that he flew to the moon on was Apollo 11.
6. What year did he land on the moon? He landed on the moon in 1969.
Underneath your English work write today's short date: 2.04.20
Thursday in Class B is Mental Arithmetic day. Answer these questions in your book and check here later for the answers.
You could use your 100 square or a ruler as a numberline to help if you need:
4 + 3 = 7 10 - 3 = 7 Double 2 = 4 Half of 2 = 1
6 + 4 = 10 10 - 5 = 5 Double 4 = 8 Half of 4 = 2
9 + 4 = 13 5 - 5 = 0 Double 6 = 12 Half of 6 = 3
8 + 2 = 10 14 - 3 = 11 Double 8 = 16 Half of 8 = 4
10 + 5 = 15 15 - 8 = 7 Double 10 = 20 Half of 10 = 5
The PTFA have still got their competitions on, you need to complete them by 2pm TODAY:
- They are making a video of everyone catching a ball and throwing it to the next person. Get your mum or dad to film you catching a tennis ball from the left and throwing it to the right. Ask your mum or dad to go onto the 'Friends of St Joseph's Rugeley PTFA' to see where they should send the video if they can. Don't worry if you can't do this, it's just a bit of fun that the PTFA are having.
- They are still running the decorate an egg competition. If you have an egg spare in your house why not decorate it and send a picture to the PTFA, again this challenge is on the PTFA Facebook site for you to look at.
Fancy doing some more PE? Click on the football and follow Mr Maguire in his home PE lesson: