St. Joseph’s school will seek to provide a secure and stimulating environment in which hard work and good behaviour are rewarded. This will be promoted within a caring community aiming to promote a respect of all individuals through a sharing of our Catholic Faith and love of Christ.
All of our children have the right to attend school safe in the knowledge that he or she will be treated fairly by everyone. This means that they should be free from the threats of physical attack or verbal abuse, and this message is an essential part of the ethos of the school.
In order to help the promotion of acceptable behaviour, a set of general rules have been formulated. These rules are there to help everyone. All of our children and adults associated with the school should be familiar with them.
- God loves everyone. He wants us to be kind to everyone.
- Everyone has the right to feel safe in school.
- No one has the right to hurt others.
- Everyone should work hard and try their best.
- Everyone should talk to others with respect.
- All property should be respected.
It is essential that the education of our children is seen as a partnership between home and school. Therefore parents will be expected to sign a Home/School Agreement, outlining their commitment to the values of the school.