Friday 3rd April
Happy Friday! It's the last day of this term... normally we would have some sort of celebration day and lots of fun in school, so make sure you have lots of fun at home instead. Click on the Easter rabbit for a message from me:
Get your pink books out and write the date at the top of it.
Click on the link below to hear today's silly sentence. Remember capital letter, finger spaces and a full stop to end. Use your phonics for the whole of the word and read back your sentence.
The Easter bunny jumped down the chimney.
Now here are the words that I would like you to use in your own silly sentence:
Get your green home learning book. At the top of the page I want you to write the date again.
All week you have been learning a little bit about Neil Armstrong; through a picture, a video of him and a fact file. Today I want you to write a letter to him. What would you want to say? Tell him a little about yourself and about what you want to do when you're older. Ask him some questions. Tell him some of the facts that you have learnt about him.
In your letter these are the things I want to see:
Conjunctions: and, because, but
Question marks ? Exclamation marks !
In your green home learning book write the short date: 3.04.20
Use the RUCSAC (Read, Understand, Choose, Solve, Answer and Check) method to answer these questions:
- Mrs Baldwin had 7 chocolate eggs for Easter. She melted 3 to make a cake. How many did she have left? 7 - 3 = 4
- Mrs O'Connor bought 10 hot cross buns. Mr O'Connor bought 4 more. How many did they have? 10 + 4 = 14
- Mrs Baldwin and Mrs O'Connor had 16 mini eggs and wanted to halve them equally between them. How many would they each have? Half of 16 = 8
- Mrs Baldwin wanted to make some cupcakes. Her recipe made 8 but she doubled the recipe. How many cupcakes would it now make? Double 8 = 16
- There were 26 busy bees. Mr Jobburns had bought 20 Easter eggs for them. How many more does he need so they all have one? 20 + 6 = 26
Check back here later for the calculations and answers :)
I sent you all an email on Purple Mash yesterday, why don't you log on and have a look. Reply back telling me your favourite thing you've done this week.
While you're on Purple Mash, email a friend. It's been 2 whole weeks since we've seen each other and I really miss you and bet you are missing each other!
Listen to some music and create a new dance routine. Do it on your own or with your family. Then put on a show, performing your dance. Why not dress up for it too?
Have a think today about who has looked after you this week. What could you do for them today to make them happy and to say Thank you? It is always important that we look after each other; show them you are grateful for all they have done for you this week!
Remember to keep reading and writing the books down in your reading record.
I have completed 'The Sheep-Pig' by Mr King-Smith now on our Class B homepage. If you haven't listened to it at all give it a listen. I'll keep it on there over Easter in case you wanted to listen to a chapter every so often.